What we do
We truly believe in partnerships and have collaborated with students from varied organizations like Drexel, Hindu Society, Penn Diverse Design and many more in organizing cultural events that are rich with the myriad colors of India, honoring personalities that have stories of success to share, recognizing talent by providing a platform to perform and hence spreading goodwill at our university and beyond.
Rangoli not only is involved with various social events but also helps out new incoming students with temporary accommodation and air-port pick up. It tries its best to help the student to get adjusted and in adopting the new life at Penn
More particularly, we hope to:
- Celebrate Indian festivals and momentous days like Republic and Independence Day.
- Facilitate the easing into the university community of new students/staff/faculty of Indian origin.
- Organize social, cultural and sporting events of interest to people of Indian origin at UPenn, and thereby contribute to an active social environment for them.
- Organize and/or facilitate seminars and talks on cultural, historical, political, economic, and social aspects of India, and provide a forum for active debate on various issues concerning India.
- Contribute to the efforts in making the University of Pennsylvania a more multicultural and tolerant campus, and mobilize support against discrimination towards other groups.